27 October 2006

galivating with two young ladies

Jo (Jenni's daughter) and her friend Teresa (Jo's ex-roomie in college) needed a place to crash so I decided to be a nice aunty.. take them out for dinner
Turns out it was Teresa's 29th bday and after a jug of Cosmopolitans at Xintiandi, a round of Mojitos at Face, more cocktails with a Bund view.. young Bryan managed to redeem himself at Glamour Bar with a little chocolate thingie with a candle - we gave the bday girl 3 genie wishes and I think I managed to hijack the 3rd wish. After more rounds of whatever, I managed to coax rmb100 out of Miss L'Oreal, aka Jane-who-hates-Tarzan who insisted i haven't collected enough wrinkles to prove my age (god bless her poor eye-sight!)
even though it was only just past the witching hour when we got done.. I ended the lovely evening as bad aunty.. banishing them to "bed" with just a bare tatami floor and zero pillows! hopefully they too were too-happily-intoxicated to notice..

No comments: